Sunday, October 19, 2014

Whew! What a week!!

I got super sick last week.  I think that comes with working in an urgent walk-in clinic.  You run the risk of coming into contact with more sick folks.  Anyway, I did my best this week to dress in the "fake it until you make it style" to get through feeling crummy and still having to be at work.  

I use this tool often in my life. It helps me get through when things feel overwhelming or I'm unsure or I'm super anxious.  I feel that sitting with discomfort is not something that we as a society are very good at anymore. It seems that in this "I should be able to get anything I want whenever I want it culture," the idea we may have to be uncomfortable for a while is unheard of.  As I continue working on sitting with discomfort, little things like fashion create a space for me.  If I am in comfortable clothes, I can focus on being present in my feelings and pay attention to what may be bringing me discomfort and how I might change it.  If I am at ease in my skin I am more able to be present and open. So last week was definitely about comfort!
Monday was jeans and sweater day.
Jeans and tshirt: Old Navy
Sweater: Catherine's
Boots: Payless
Tuesday was hoodie sweater, jean skirt and boots!
Hoodie sweater and tank: Torrid
Jean skirt and Moto boots: Lane Bryant
 Wednesday was comfy dress and sweater day. 
Dress: Target
Sweater: Kohl's Croft & Barrow
Leggings, boots and belt: Lane Bryant
 Thursday was a gorgeous new Torrid Dress (Haute Cash for the win!)
Dress: Torrid
Sweater: Kohl's Croft & Barrow
Leggings: Lane Bryant
Flats: Crocs
 Friday I was barely alive and it was "how to make yoga pants professional enough" day. 
My new favorite sweater: Torrid
Yoga pants and boots: Lane Bryant
Tank: Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment