Saturday, May 21, 2011

Everyone needs an indulgent day.

Today I have done absolutely nothing related to school and it feels great! I really should to be writing my last paper, but you know what, I'm not. I needed this day. I haven't had a day like this in almost two years. I woke up early, took a shower and crawled right back into bed. I watched really questionable TV for three hours before convincing my hubs he should crawl back in bed with me. We had a long lunch out, including the yummiest dessert ever. After which I indulged him by accompanying him to Home Depot and not complaining once. Then we came home and tinkered around the apartment. I attempted to give Marty a hair cut (poor dog!) and bath while the hubs played video games, we planted flowers and cut some wood for our chiminea. Next on the agenda is a trip to PetSmart and a stop at YoCreme. Then we'll come home and lay on the couch all evening watching Season 1 of Six Feet Under before dragging ourselves to bed too late. Tomorrow I will return to working on papers, getting my curriculum ready, finishing my semi-annual report for work, church and preparing the house and laundry for the upcoming week. But that's tomorrow. For right now, I indulge...

1 comment: